Overview : FrameStar® PCR PlatesProduct information
- Warp free
- Within SBS footprint pre and post PCR
- Improved seal integrity
- Recommended for low volume PCR
- Thin-wall design for fast PCR
- Reliable use with stackers and liquid handling robots
- Guaranteed well integrity
- Free of human DNA, RNAses and DNases
- Clean-room produced
- Bar coding & Colour options
FrameStar two-component technology reduces evaporation from PCR plates, improving results and allowing for volume reductions to save money.
FrameStar PCR plates maximise thermal stability at high temperatures which prevents sample loss by minimising thermal expansion during PCR. The two-component design combines the advantages of thin wall polypropylene tubes for optimum PCR results and a rigid polycarbonate skirt and deck for highest thermal stability and rigidity. in contrast to standard one-piece PCR plates, evaporation from corner positions and outer rows of wells is minimal which allows for downscaling of reagent volumes and therefore saves costs.
- Two-component technology reduces thermal expansion and sample evaporation.
- Reduction of evaporation leads to improved consistency of PCR results.
- Well spacing and position post-PCR remain accurate so liquid handling devices can reliably add or remove the smallest quantities from the plate.
- Ideal for robotics, as plate distortion is eliminated post-PCR.
- FrameStar® is ideal for assay miniaturisation due to rigid skirt eliminating warping, giving better sealing properties.
- Cost saving due to downscaling of reaction volumes.
- Lack of warpage reduces variation of fluorescent signals in optical assays, such as qPCR.
Thermal expansion of Polypropylene (PP) plates leads to evaporation from outer wells
PP is the optimum material for PCR tubes. it provides the most efficient heat transfer, as well as an inert surface with low binding capabilities for nucleic acids, proteins and other molecules. However, the material is not thermally stable in a plate format and expands and contracts during each PCR cycle >> Read more
In addition FrameStar® technology provides a much improved level of seal integrity: During PCR, with heat seals or adhesive seals, the excessive thermal expansion/contraction of standard one-piece polypropylene plates, can have a damaging effect on seal quality. This is especially evident around the edge of the plate where these forces are at their maximum resulting in significant sample evaporation from the outer wells. in contrast, the higher thermal stability of FrameStar® plates results in a reliable seal in all areas of the plate during PCR and in cold storage down to -80ºC.
Reduced Risk of Contamination
Raised rims around each tube aid the prevention of cross contamination between samples.
FrameStar® plates are compatible with most PCR cyclers, real-time detection systems and sequencers. The plates have been successfully tested for reliable use on most automation platforms. Go to the 4titude Plate Compatibility Selector
This 384well plate is designed for the Roche LightCycler® 480.
FrameStar 480/96 semi-skirted.
This 96well plate is designed for the Roche LightCycler® 480.
FrameStar® FastPlate 96.
This 96well PCR plate is recommended for ABi Fast Block cyclers.
FrameStar 96 with upstand.
This 96well PCR plate with upstand is designed to fit ABi thermal cyclers and sequencers.
FrameStar 96 semi-skirted (cut corner A12).
This 96well semi-skirted PCR plate has an A12 cut corner to fit ABi instruments.
FrameStar 96 semi-skirted (cut corner H1).
This 96well semi-skirted plate with cut corner H1 is designed for universal fit.
FrameStar 96 non-skirted.
This 96well non-skirted PCR plate has a standard profile and fits most thermal cyclers.
FrameStar 96 non-skirted low profile.
This 96well non-skirted PCR plate has a low profile design and is recommended for low volume PCR.
FrameStar® is covered by one or more of the following US patents or their foreign counterparts, owned by Eppendorf AG: US Patent Nos. 7,347, 977 and 6,340,589. FrameStar® is a registeredtrademark owned by 4titude®Ltd