NEBNext® Ultra™ II RNA First Strand Synthesis ModuleProduct information
NEBNext Ultra II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module
|24 rxns||-||Unavailable in your region|
NEBNext Ultra II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module
|96 rxns||-||Unavailable in your region|
The NEBNext Ultra II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module has been optimized to convert a broad range of input amounts of RNA into cDNA using random priming.
The module is optimized for use with the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Second Strand Synthesis Module (NEB #E7550) or the NEBNext Ultra II Non-Directional RNA Second Strand Synthesis Module (NEB #E6111), and is part of the Ultra II RNA directional or non-directional workflows. These workflows are compatible with poly(A) mRNA isolation or ribosomal RNA depletion, and enable high yield preparation of high quality libraries from 5 ng – 1 µg total RNA.
- This product is related to the following categories:
- RNA Library Prep for Illumina
- This product can be used in the following applications:
- NEBNext® Ultra™ II RNA Library Prep
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
Properties & Usage
Materials Required but not Supplied
- NEBNext Poly(A) mRNA Magnetic Isolation Module (NEB #E7490)
or NEBNext® rRNA Depletion Kit v2 (Human/Mouse/Rat) (NEB #E7400 or NEB #E7405)
or NEBNext® Globin & rRNA Depletion Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) (NEB #E7750 or NEB #E7755)
or NEBNext® rRNA Depletion Kit (Bacteria) (NEB #E7850 or NEB #E7860)
or NEBNext® RNA Depletion Core Reagent Set (NEB #E7865 or NEB #E7870)
or NEBNext rRNA Depletion Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) (NEB #E6310 or NEB #E6350)
- NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Second Strand Synthesis Module (NEB #E7550) or NEBNext Ultra II Non-Directional RNA Second Strand Synthesis Module (NEB #E6111)
- Magnetic rack or plate (e.g., NEBNext® Magnetic Separation Rack (NEB #S1515S), Alpaqua ® 96S Super Magnet Plate (#A001322), or equivalent)
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Protocol for Directional RNA-seq Workflows and NEBNext® Ultra™ II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module (E7771)
- Protocol for Non-directional RNA-seq Workflows and NEBNext® Ultra™ II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module (E7771)
- Appendix A for use with NEBNext Ultra II RNA First Strand Synthesis Module (E7771)
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- What other materials do I need in addition to the NEBNext Ultra II First Strand Synthesis Module for RNA-seq experiments?
- What if I have already fragmented my total RNA and need to perform the First Strand Synthesis Reaction?
- What if I have already fragmented my mRNA and just need to perform the First Strand Synthesis Reaction?
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
NEBNext First Strand Synthesis Reaction Buffer
NEBNext First Strand Synthesis Enzyme Mix
NEBNext Strand Specificity Reagent
Legal and DisclaimersProducts and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
Other Products You May Be Interested In
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.