Random Primer MixProduct information
- Random priming is widely used in first strand cDNA synthesis.
- Random Primer Mix is a ready-to-use, optimized mixture of 35 µM hexamers, 25 µM dT23VN, and 1 mM dNTPs.
- A mixture of hexamers and anchored-dT primer provides even and consistent coverage of the RNA template population across a wide range of RNA template concentration. In contrast, traditional random priming by hexamer has poor coverage of 3´ end of RNA templates (1,2,3).
- A final concentration of 6 µM is recommended.
We recommend using Random Primer Mix for reverse transcription of the following RNA templates:
- RNA without poly(A) tail such as ribosomal RNAs.
- RNA with strong secondary structures.
- Partially degraded RNA samples.
- Target regions at 5´ end of a long messenger RNA transcript.
- This product is related to the following categories:
- Reverse Transcriptases & RT-PCR Products
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
Properties & Usage
- Recommended Usage: Random Primer Mix (60 µM) contains 35 µM hexamers and 25 µM dT23VN and 1 mM dNTPs. We recommend using Random Primer Mix at a final concentration of 6 µM.
- Goff, L.A. et al. (2004). BMC Genomics. 5, 76.
- Djikeng, A. et al. (2008). BMC Genomics. 9, 5.
- Rashtchian, A. (1994). Genome Research. 4, 83.
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
Random Primer Mix
Legal and DisclaimersProducts and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
No supporting documents available
This product has no supporting documents available for download. If you feel like supporting documents should be available for this product, please contact us.