WarmStart® Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix (with UDG)Product information
WarmStart Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix with UDG
|100 rxns ( 2 X )||-||Unavailable in your region|
WarmStart Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix with UDG
|500 rxns ( 2 X )||-||Unavailable in your region|
Need assistance designing LAMP primers? Use the NEB LAMP Primer Design Tool.
- Simple, one-step solution for Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) of DNA or RNA (RT-LAMP) targets
- Reduce risk of carryover contamination with thermolabile UDG and dUTP included in the mix
- Fully buffered master mix is compatible with different sample types and supports multiple detection methods
- WarmStart technology inhibits activity at room temperature
- Learn more about how RT-LAMP is being used for rapid COVID-19 screening
DescriptionThe WarmStart Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix (with UDG) is designed to provide a simple, one-step solution for LAMP/RT-LAMP of DNA or RNA targets. LAMP and RT-LAMP are commonly used isothermal amplification techniques that provide rapid detection of a target nucleic acid using LAMP-specific primers (supplied by the user) and a strand-displacing DNA polymerase. This master mix features a blend of Bst 2.0 WarmStart DNA Polymerase and WarmStart RTx Reverse Transcriptase in an optimized LAMP buffer solution. Both Bst 2.0 WarmStart DNA Polymerase and WarmStart RTx Reverse Transcriptase have been engineered for improved performance in LAMP and RT-LAMP reactions. The WarmStart Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix (with UDG) is fully buffered and compatible with different sample types, enabling multiple detection methods including turbidity detection, real-time fluorescence detection (when used with LAMP fluorescent dye) and end-point visualization such as colorimetric detection via a metal indicator (e.g., hydroxynaphthol blue.)
The inclusion of dUTP and thermolabile UDG in the mix reduces the possibility of carryover contamination, where unintended product of a previous amplification can serve as the substrate of a subsequent reaction. Thermolabile UDG is completely inactivated at temperatures above 50°C, thereby having no effect on the reaction.
- This product is related to the following categories:
- Isothermal Amplification & Strand Displacement Products,
- Master Mixes Products,
- This product can be used in the following applications:
- Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification
Properties & Usage
Materials Required but not SuppliedLAMP Primers (we recommend using the NEB LAMP Primer Design Tool)
Target nucleic acid samples
Molecular Biology Grade H2O
Heat block, water bath, real-time turbidimeter or thermocycler (with real-time fluorescence measurement if desired) and instrument-appropriate reaction vessels
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- What is the optimal LAMP/RT-LAMP amplification temperature?
- What is the Mg++ concentration in the WarmStart LAMP/RT-LAMP Master Mix?
- What types of input samples/materials are compatible with the LAMP/RT-LAMP mixes?
- How fast should I expect a result?
- Can I set up my LAMP/RT-LAMP reactions at room temperature?
- The WarmStart LAMP Master Mix has some precipitation in the tube after thawing, is this normal?
- How do I design LAMP Primers?
- Does the WarmStart Multi-purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix (with UDG) enable carryover prevention/contamination reduction?
- Amplification occurred in my NTC sample(s) following isothermal incubation. What happened?
- What detection methods can be used for LAMP/RT-LAMP experiments?
- What are the advantages of using standard LAMP (NEB #E1700, M1708, E1708) over pH-based colorimetric LAMP (NEB #M1800, M1804)?
- Is a separate incubation step required for RT-LAMP?
- What type of purification is recommended for LAMP primers?
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
WarmStart® Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix (with UDG)
Legal and DisclaimersProducts and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
The purchase of this product conveys to the purchaser the limited, non-transferable right to use the purchased product to perform loop-mediated amplification (“LAMP”) and reverse transcription loop-mediated amplification (“RT-LAMP”) for research use only. LAMP is a patented technology belonging to Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd and any other use other than research may require a license from Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd.
Nucleic acid-based aptamers for use with thermophilic DNA polymerases and reverse transcriptases are licensed exclusively by New England Biolabs, Inc. from SomaLogic, Inc. New England Biolabs, Inc. gives the Buyer/User a non-exclusive license to use the WarmStart® Multi-Purpose LAMP/RT-LAMP 2X Master Mix (with UDG) for Research Use Only (RUO). Commercial use of this product may require a license from New England Biolabs, Inc. For additional information or to inquire about commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.