NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos for Illumina (Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1)Product information
NEBNext Multiplex Oligos for Illumina (Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1)
|96 rxns||-||Unavailable in your region|
NEBNext Multiplex Oligos for Illumina (Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1)
|384 rxns||-||Unavailable in your region|
For details on how to combine UMI adaptors with our NEBNext library prep kits, click the product information tab below.
NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos for Illumina® are an essential piece of the NEBNext suite of library preparation products, available in several different configurations for use with NEBNext products or other standard Illumina-compatible library preparation protocols. This set (Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1; NEB #7416) was designed and optimized for use in RNA sequencing workflows. These unique dual index adaptors also include a unique molecular identifier (UMI) sequence for more accurate profiling of the transcriptome. Supplied as 96 unique, pre-annealed index adaptors with UMIs, packaged in a single-use 96-well plate with a pierceable foil seal. Universal primers are included.
NEBNext Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors for DNA-seq (NEB # E7395) are also available, as well as single, dual, and unique dual index primers, plus an optimized adaptor.
For additional information on available indices and formats for multiplexing, please refer to the NEBNext Multiplex Oligos Selection Chart.
- More accurate determination of transcript abundance
- Superior and more reliable ligation efficiency
- Supports multiplexing for higher throughputs
- Optimized for RNA libraries
NEBNext Multiplex Oligos for Illumina (Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1) are built for more streamlined and informative NGS multiplexing, more accurate determination of transcript abundance, and removal of PCR duplicates. These index adaptors contain a pair of unique dual indices (i5 and i7) and one 11 nt UMI sequence. This set includes 96 unique dual index UMI adaptors, packaged in a single-use 96-well plate with a pierceable foil seal. The universal primer mix is supplied in a separate vial.
Combining UMI Adaptors with one of the NEBNext RNA library prep kits is simple and straightforward if you follow the protocols found in the UMI Adaptor-specific library prep kit manuals (listed below).
- NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina (NEB #E7760 or NEB #E7765)
- NEBNext Ultra II RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina (NEB #E7770 or NEB #E7775)
- NEBNext rRNA Depletion Kit v2 (Human/Mouse/Rat) (NEB #E7400 or NEB #E7405)
- NEBNext rRNA Depletion Kit (Bacteria) (NEB #E7850 or NEB #E7860)
- NEBNext Globin & rRNA Depletion Kit (Human/Mouse/Rat) (NEB #E7750 or NEB #E7755)
The NEBNext line of Multiplex Oligos can be used with NEBNext sample prep products or other standard Illumina-compatible library preparation protocols. In addition to this set, index adaptors with UMIs are available for PCR-free and standard DNA-seq (NEB #E7395). For multiplexing without UMIs, NEBNext offers several options for added flexibility, including unique dual index primers (NEB #6440, NEB #6442, NEB #E6444, NEB #E6446), dual index primers (NEB #E7600 and NEB #E7780), and single primer sets (in 12- and 96-index formats; NEB #E7335, NEB #E7500, NEB #E7710, NEB #E7730, NEB #E6609), as well as an option compatible with EM-seq™ and bisulfite sequencing (NEB #E7140).
The NEBNext Multiplex Oligos for Illumina (Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1) workflow shown below details the library barcoding steps of the library preparation process.
- This product is related to the following categories:
- NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos (Adaptors & Primers) Products,
- Next Generation Sequencing Library Preparation Products,
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
Properties & Usage
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
Usage & Guidelines
- Forward Strand Workflow Sample Sheet for E7416 UMI: NovaSeq 6000 with v1.0 reagent kits, MiniSeq with Rapid reagent kits, MiSeq, HiSeq 2000/2500 (paired-end flow cell), HiSeq 3000/4000 (single-read flow cell)
- Forward Strand Workflow Sample Sheet for E7416: NovaSeq 6000 with v1.0 reagent kits, MiniSeq with Rapid reagent kits, MiSeq, HiSeq 2000/2500 (paired-end flow cell), HiSeq 3000/4000 (single-read flow cell)
- Reverse Complement Workflow Sample Sheet for E7416 UMI: iSeq 100, MiniSeq with Standard reagent kits, NextSeq Systems, NovaSeq 6000 with v1.5 reagent kits, HiSeq 2000/2500 (single-read flow cell), HiSeq 3000/4000 (paired-end flow cell)
- Reverse Complement Workflow Sample Sheet for E7416: iSeq 100, MiniSeq with Standard reagent kits, NextSeq Systems, NovaSeq 6000 with v1.5 reagent kits, HiSeq 2000/2500 (single-read flow cell), HiSeq 3000/4000 (paired-end flow cell)
Tools & Resources
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- What are the advantages of UMI adaptors?
- What library prep kits are the NEBNext® Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors for RNA compatible with?
- How can I reduce adaptor dimer?
- Do you have Sample Sheets for use with the NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos for Illumina® (96 Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1)?
- Are NEBNext® Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors for RNA validated in Next Generation Sequencing Workflows?
- Are the NEBNext® Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors for RNA compatible with single-read and paired-end sequencing?
- What are the concentrations of the adaptor and primers in the kit?
- How many reactions worth of adaptor is in each well?
- Is the NEBNext adaptor methylated?
- How many indices are available with NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos for Illumina® (96 Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptors RNA Set 1) NEB #7416?
- Is the NEBNext® Unique Dual Index UMI Adaptor for RNA compatible with other manufacturer’s library preparation kits?
- Are dual indexed libraries compatible with single end sequencing?
- What sequences need to be trimmed for NEBNext libraries that are sequenced on an Illumina instrument?
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
NEBNext® UMI RNA Adaptor Plate
NEBNext® Primer Mix
NEBNext® UMI Adaptor Dilution Buffer
Legal and DisclaimersProducts and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
Other Products You May Be Interested In
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.