NEBNext® Magnesium RNA Fragmentation ModuleProduct information
Product IntroductionFragmentation of RNA can be performed by enzymes, heat alone, or exposure to divalent cations at elevated temperature. This kit provides highly efficient and tunable RNA fragmentation by incubation with Magnesium ions at 94˚C.
The NEBNext® Magnesium RNA Fragmentation Module has been optimized to fragment RNA into small pieces by incubation with Magnesium ions at 94˚C. Fragment size is controlled by incubation time (Figure 1), and the reaction is ended by the addition of NEBNext Fragmentation Stop Solution.
- This product is related to the following categories:
- DNA Fragmentation & RNA Fragmentation,
- RNA Library Prep for Illumina,
- This product can be used in the following applications:
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|NEB #||Component Name||Component #||Stored at (°C)||Amount||Concentration|
Properties & Usage
Materials Required but not Supplied
- RNA Cleanup Kit (Monarch RNA Cleanup Kit, NEB #T2030)
- 3M Sodium Acetate, pH 5.2
- 100% Ethanol
- 70% Ethanol
- Linear Acrylamide 10 mg/ml
Application FeaturesRNA Fragmentation
Protocols, Manuals & Usage
Usage & Guidelines
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Can I use TE to resuspend RNA during RNA isolation for fragmentation?
- Do I need any reagents that are not supplied in the kit?
- How long should I incubate the fragmentation reaction?
- Which divalent metal ion does the NEBNext® RNA Fragmentation Buffer contain?
- How can I assess the Yield and the Size Distribution of the Fragmented RNA?
- Which are the RNA fragments sizes recommend for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)?
- What are the differences between the reaction products of fragmentation with the NEBNext® Magnesium RNA Fragmentation Module and the NEBNext® RNase III RNA Fragmentation Module?
- Can NEBNext® Magnesium RNA Fragmentation Module be used instead of the NEBNext® RNase III RNA Fragmentation Module?
Citations & Technical Literature
Quality, Safety & Legal
Quality Assurance StatementQuality Control tests are performed on each new lot of NEB product to meet the specifications designated for it. Specifications and individual lot data from the tests that are performed for this particular product can be found and downloaded on the Product Specification Sheet, Certificate of Analysis, data card or product manual. Further information regarding NEB product quality can be found here.
SpecificationsThe Specification sheet is a document that includes the storage temperature, shelf life and the specifications designated for the product. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]
Certificate Of AnalysisThe Certificate of Analysis (COA) is a signed document that includes the storage temperature, expiration date and quality controls for an individual lot. The following file naming structure is used to name these document files: [Product Number]_[Size]_[Version]_[Lot Number]
Safety DataSheetsThe following is a list of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that apply to this product to help you use it safely.
NEBNext® RNA Fragmentation Buffer
NEBNext RNA Fragmentation Stop Solution
Legal and DisclaimersProducts and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
New England Biolabs (NEB) is committed to practicing ethical science – we believe it is our job as researchers to ask the important questions that when answered will help preserve our quality of life and the world that we live in. However, this research should always be done in safe and ethical manner. Learn more.
The supporting documents available for this product can be downloaded below.